Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost




Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two Tykes on a Bike!...Little Miami Scenic Trail, Avoca to Milford.

What a hot, humid summer it has been--better for swimming than hiking!  The boys and I have had our share of pool visits this summer, but I've found myself craving a little exercise.  Plus I didn't want to miss the late summer wildflower show when all the tall, leafy "weeds" finally pop into bloom.  So, I took the humidity as a sign to pull my bicycle out of the garage and finally try out the bike trailer I found on craigslist at the beginning of the season.  At least the boys and I would get a breeze to dry off our moist brows.


Since it's close to home, we headed to the Avoca trail head on the Little Miami Scenic Trail for our trial run.  At first, I tried to let the boys ride along, but a tattered big wheel and a bike with shaky training wheels felt very out of place on this particular trail frequented by professional cyclists more than families.  My almost three-year-old could not grasp the concept of staying to the right side and my older son kept ending up in the grass, so into the trailer they went!  


The first ride was wonderful--me with the breeze on my cheeks, them chilling in the trailer behind, smiling people passing by, and plenty of wildflowers all around.  We even saw two deer crossing the path.  We have returned several times since and I finally took my camera to capture some of the trail for the blog.  Have a look!  And stay tuned for upcoming posts regarding bike paths in the area.


[Click on the slideshow below to see the whole album with captions and comments containing more information or click HERE.]




No comments:

Post a Comment